Wednesday 20 October 2010

Christmas Came Early This Morning

I know I promised you that my next blog would be the photographs of Lydia Picketts Artist Studio but you will have to wait. This fell through my letter box this morning and I absolutely had to share it!

I know I mentioned on a previous post that I was ordering it, but now that it is here I wanted to blog some photos before taking it all out of the packaging as it looks so lovely all tied up.

It is the Betterleys Christmas Hutch. I have never done anything in 12th scale before, but this was a 'must have' . As always with the Betterleys it arrived all packaged up beautifully and if it wasn't for the fact that I am so desperate to get into it - I could hardly bring myself to take it all out! That's the wonderful thing about blogs each stage of everything is here to relive at any moment!

The above packet contains the hutch itself and then there are six separate accessory kits. Of course I had to photograph each and every one of them!
I love the little cupcake toppers on these.

How much would you like to take tea from this beautiful tea set?


I may just have to copy this bunting full size for my full size dresser.

I love the way these stockings are already bulging - has Santa been?



These trees take me back to Frostys and how much fun I had with those little trees.

The little vintage postcards are so lovely.

Here's the finished hutch.


Also in the kit came the photograph of the bare hutch which is also available from the Betterleys without the accessories. Isn't it just the most beautiful piece of furniture.

Right then I promised on an earlier post that this would be finished and on my mantelpiece by December 1st when we put our Christmas tree up so I had better get going!
Artist studio next time - honest!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Vas a estar muy ocupada con todos estos kits. Me encantan. Muy buena compra.
Besos Clara

Sandra said...

Claire, again we have the same tastes! I was just sooooo tempted to order this kit - sadly in the end had to decide against it in favour of more QS things but I will watch with great interest as you assemble yours with your usual skill.
Hugs
Sandra (Snippets from my Studio)
gsolfot