Saturday 31 July 2010

Sea Shanty

I have almost finished the exterior of my Sea Shanty. The only thing left to do is I think a few more lobster traps on the wharf. This has been so much fun. I have really enjoyed 'landscaping' this project.

Here is the front of the Shanty. There is a beautiful wisteria growing up the front.

The fisherman has just popped in and left his hat on the doorstep.

I love the lighthouse mail box.

Looks like lobster for tea!


Lovely tiny little shells.







This lobster is trying to escape!

5 comments:

Joey's Dream Garden said...

WOW!! It's GORGEOUS!! So lovely... I'm not surprised that you're pleased with yourself! I love all the tiny little details; the fish-shaped sign, the lobster pots, the window boxes, the shells and starfish... you just need a suitably seaside-y background to photograph it against now, and you could be there!
hugs
Joey xx

Ascension said...

Es una verdadera maravilla!!!!
Me encanta, te esta quedando perfecta.
Es absolutamente preciosa!!
besitos ascension

l said...

This is absolutely adorable - I love it!!

hugs

Louise
x

Sandra said...

Claire, your Sea Shanty is lovely! All the details are just wonderful. I love the wisteria, the lobster that is trying to get away, the shells and all the landscaping. The overall effect is just beautiful - I am so pleased that it has come out just the way you wanted it. Great job!!! I love it.
Hugs,
Sandra (Snippets from my Studio)

Kabrina Dawn said...

I love the details of your Sea Shanty. I have also gone through Judith for kits and I agree with you 100% she is amazing at customer service. Reading your blog and seeing your work really inspires me to get to work on my own unfinished kits, as well as making my list of "ooohhh I want that!" a whole lot bigger.