Friday 29 October 2010

Victoria & Albert Childhood Museum

We are back from London and have had an absolute ball. We visited all sorts of wonderful places. Elliot had won a family ticket to the London Aquarium so that was our first stop, which was absolutely mesmerising. The second day we went to the Natural History museum and queued for a lifetime to see the moving, roaring T Rex and lots of strange things in jars. Elliots favourite bit however was watching the performers in the street at Covent Garden. My favourite bit was of course the Victoria & Albert Museum of Childhood. Clive and I spent the whole time wandering round saying 'oh I remember that'.

I got to see the Tate Baby House and the Killer Cabinet for real! I have admired these in books for sometime. It was quite a shock to see just how HUGE they are! I really do mean ENORMOUS. I couldn't take photos to show you as they were all behind glass and the lighting in the museum was very bright and reflected off it. I have however taken photos of my various favourites, so here you go enjoy!


I had one of these in brown and loved it like nothing else!
There was an exhibition on of paper toys to cut out and make, which was fabulous. I wanted to have a go at everything - unfortunately that wasn't an option!


This was my favourite puppet!
I have all sorts of ideas that have come from this horse and the rabbit below - hmmm



The clockwork toys were wonderful.



As soon as I got home I immediately threw myself into decorating my Art Deco cabinet, so maybe there will be some photos coming up shortly!

3 comments:

Lee said...

SO cool to see all the old toys! Thanks for sharing!
What a trip....a dream of mine that someday I will visit England. Now I have places to make sure are on the list.
Thanks again!

May said...

¡Cuanto me alegro que hayas ddifrutado tanto!
Londres, sus museos, parques, castillos y barrios, es fabuloso.
Gracias por compartirlo con todas nosotras.
Besitos, May

Joey's Dream Garden said...

Wowee! They're all so lovely! I really like the dragon marionette and the wooden goose (or is it a duck? Oh and the paper toys look really interesting. What is the Tate baby house and the killer cabinet?

hugs
Joey xx