Sunday 4 November 2012

Cross Stitch and New Wool

Have spent a happy afternoon stitching away on my thimble purse and it is coming on really quite quickly. It is just as well seeing as it is oh so nearly time to start cross stitching Christmas pictures, and yes I have already decided which ones I want to do this year. Excuse the rather fuzzy photo but the stitching really is tiny and the day is miserable and therefore too dark for good photographs!


 A closer photo but with false light so you don't see the real colours.


I have tried to take some photographs of the wonderful wool that I bought in Bath this week but again the light is not good today so bear with me. 

Firstly I chose three 50g balls of Debbie Bliss Blue Faced Leicester Aran, which is so gorgeously soft that I just keep squeezing it.


These three colours just went so beautifully together that I could not put any of them back. I am thinking potentially granny squares but will have to wait and see.


The other balls I chose were three 25g balls of Rowan Fine Tweed, I particularly like this yarn and already have sneaky stash of greens just waiting for the perfect project. 


No comments: