Thursday 1 November 2012

Autumn and a Trip to Bath

We headed down to a village near Bath for a few days this week to go and meet my new niece. On the way there the sky was so blue and the Autumn colours were so amazing we just had to stop at Westonbirt Arboretum. I remembered going there as a child and wanted to take Elliot. The colours were truly wonderful and the Hydrangeas were in full bloom with beautiful dusky purples and bluey greys.




The reds and pinks against the pure bright blue sky were breath-taking.




There were so many fascinating fungi too.


We had a trip into Bath city centre for a potter. After a potter round the Roman baths we went to the bookshop (a must on any Hoey trip) and then wandered around looking at all the window displays. This shop in particular has a great window, it wrapped around several sides and every window was filled floor to ceiling with old sewing machines.


Even the hanging shop sign was an old sewing machine.





After finding a lovely little tearoom for the obligatory cup of tea we spotted The Makery opposite, having seen this advertised I had to pop my head in for a little look.



It has to be said though that my favourite shop tucked away in a little cobbled street was Wool! What a gorgeous wool shop I could have spent hours there. A comfy sofa and knitting patterns to browse through. A fantastic choice of yarns and plenty of pure wool as well as British which is what we like. I bought a few balls which I will photograph and post later this week.

On the Sunday we went to The Glove Factory for lunch, I loved all the bright origami cranes hanging from the ceiling and am determined to copy this idea.




I also thought the idea of using old drawers on the wall as shelving looked great.


Then lastly but definitely not least I presented my 8 week old niece Alice with her Alphabet Bunny. This is a kit by Made By Ewe and I enjoyed knitting it so much I just have to knit another one to keep! Alice seemed really rather pleased with it.


No comments: