Monday 22 July 2013

Lovely Post and So Many Things Made

I had wonderful post this morning from Little Tea Wagon. I love sweet packaging and nearly always end up photographing the package before opening it. I had such a lovely time opening it up!  


The sticky tape is just lovely!


Inside more sweet packaging and some beautiful little fabric pieces!


This was inside! I love these old fabrics cannot wait to create something. It is almost definitely going to be something hand paper pieced.


Also have ever so nearly finished the quilt for our bed. I fell in love with the darker blue deer fabric from the Kitzbuhel range by Westfalenstoffe, so obviously had to make a quilt with it along with all its complimentary fabrics. It is pieced and quilted only needs the binding!






The silk scarf I have been weaving on my rigid heddle loom with some Noro yarn is also finished and I am so pleased with it!





Fleece Club from Saras Texture Crafts arrived and immediately got washed as it has been wonderful weather for drying fleece. There was Vendeen, Texel, Hebridean and Manx Longthan. It is all ready to spin now so I cannot wait to get started.


On my craft table is the 14th scale Georgian Mansion by Cynthia Howe that I am loving to build. It went on hold for quite some time whilst I built up the courage to do the tiny windows all the mullions were seperate as was the acetate for the glass and the window frames!! The electrics are in and it is so nearly time for furniture.


I have been happily embroidering some hearts as a present for a wonderful friend. It is the first time I have embroidered with fine wool instead of silk but I have loved it and want to start the project all over again and was quite disappointed when it was over!






Lastly but definitely not least as I am so proud of this! I have woven a braid on my new inklette loom. It is the stars and stripes pattern from a free inkle pattern e-book from Inter weave. I did the whole thing in Pearle number 5 and I loved it. So much fun to do and the results were great. This too was a present for my wonderful friend. I may now have to weave another one to keep!




The four shaft floor loom is warped and ready to go and there are plenty of other projects being worked on.

1 comment:

jane said...

Wow I love your weaving :)
Have fun with your fabrics and paper piecing xxxxxxxx