Saturday 28 March 2009

Craft Candy Fair

Today was the day of the long awaited 'Craft Candy Spring Fling Fair' . I didn't have a stall (maybe next time) but I did go along to help tie balloons and sit at the 'Welcome' desk. The fair was a huge success.

I left at lunchtime, halfway through the fair, and there had already been over 400 visitors. Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves both the visitors and the stall holders. The quality of the stalls was just fantastic.

To see the members of Craft Candy either click on the button in the left hand margin or follow this link http://www.craft-candy.org/ . I did get to have a look round when Clive and Elliot came to collect me, and Elliot and I managed to do a little shopping!

Elliot bought a stuffed robot brooch that was made by Lucia of Bettyjoys ( http://www.bettyjoy.co.uk/ ) and I bought a felt cat brooch and a rabbit card from Joey of Joeys Dream Garden ( http://www.joeysdreamgarden.etsy.com/ ) although I have to admit it was as much to get one of her screen printed paper bags that she had done by hand.

Elliots robot brooch from Bettyjoys.


The felt cat brooch from Joeys Dream Garden.


Hand stamped card from Joeys Dream Garden.

2 comments:

Joey's Dream Garden said...

Hiya Claire!
thanks so much for putting up a picture of my paper bag, I didn't know it would be so well liked! I will have to sell them I think! Here's the link to the instructions for the very primitive screenprinting method using easy-to-obtain things: http://www.instructables.com/id/D.I.Y.-Screen-Printing/

Joey xxx

Julia said...

Im still giggling about the effect of Joeys printed bags - I came home dreaming up new logos and vowing to run to the craft shop and invest in an embroidery hoop to have a go myself!!

It was lovely to meet you at the fair at last, hopefully see you at the next meeting, didnt make last night as other half had to work late and usual babysitting standbys (aka grandfolks) were both laid up with a vile stomach bug.
Did you go?

See you soon, lovely blog by the way and really very nice art work pics too!

Love Julia xx