Thursday 2 April 2009

Dress Swap!

I have finished my dresses for the dress garland swap with Fabric in Altered Arts. I have made 7 in all, 5 to send to Cathy to swap out, 1 for my friend Kathy and 1 to keep of course!
Here are the photos - unfortunately you cannot see the effect of the sparkle glaze I painted on the necks and sleeves - it doesn't show up in the photos!















This photo is to show you what the back of the dresses look like.



And lastly this is Kathys dress. I have added an apron and a rather beautiful jewelled brad as a thankyou for all the wonderful things she sent me - so thank you Kathy I do hope you like it!



I shall be posting these out to the states on Saturday so in plenty of time for the April 25th deadline! Then when my return swaps come back in May I shall post photos of those too!

2 comments:

MiniKat said...

Such pretty little dresses! I love the butterflies. :-)

creativelenna said...

Claire, Those dresses are so cute and what a novel idea for a swap! I love how you cut the strips and frayed them to make the skirt part. I especially like that they are fabric and paper.

really fun!!

: ) lenna