Sunday 1 March 2009

Jane Harrop kits have arrived!

The kits I have ordered from Jane Harrop arrived this week. They look great. The instructions are very clear and they come with everything needed except the glue and paint. There's even a piece of fine sandpaper in each one. There are six of us that finally signed up to join in. Hopefully each of us will have one photo to show by the end of the month. I think I shall do the Barrel Horse first. These are the first miniatures that I have done in a scale other than 1:48th.

I haven't done much crafting in the last few days as I have been re-organising my 'creative space' ! I have been doing a course from Artella (click on the Artella button to the left to see their website), its the 3rd one that I have done and this weeks theme has been creating the perfect space in which to be creative. The excercise was to make a collage with the colours you'd like and pictures of the items you would like to hand and so on - I could see it so clearly in my head that I decided rather than make a collage that I would just go ahead and create it for real - so I have!

My craft table and a Jasmine plant which smells wonderful.

A clear windowsill where I can put things I am working on.
Hooks with buckets for brushes and tools, and little shelves for models.

Now I am going ruthlessly through all my enormous amounts of crafting 'stuff' and trying to be a bit more organised. So hopefully I won't spend quite so much time looking for what I need and more time using it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is an award That i have given to you over on my blog. Please come over to my "Miniatures" blog to pick it up.

creativelenna said...

your crafting space looks very inviting to me, Claire! Lots of light and very organized. I certainly need to attack my space for a re-organization soon, so thanks for the inspiration : ))

Jewels, Journals & Fine Art said...

What a lovely setting in which to create such beautiful art. Your miniatures are so nostalgic.