Sunday 19 December 2010

Lights and Cloth are On

I have finally managed to move all the half finished things off my craft table so that I can put my new patchwork cloth on. I have also added some Christmas trees to my little tree, that I keep up all year and switched on the fairy lights!

Here is my little work space, all I can say is that it is a good job that you can't peer round the side of the photo and see the mess either side!


I love my little tree with the tiny fairy lights, so much so that I really do keep it up all year. I just add some seasonal bits nearer the 25th December.






I love these snowman so much I have taken two photos!

Frostys Snowman shop is always there as well but for just this short time it too is seasonal!




I have a string that I clip my favourite cards to. It hangs between the two candle holders. You can see one there from Joeys Dream Garden of course!



I have been working on a few pieces for my 24th scale French House. It is by no means ready for furniture but I do whatever the mood takes me I have to admit! I am trying a couple of kits from Petite Properties, they are laser cut cardboard. It has taken some getting used to but they went together really easily, the instructions are so clear. I am just waiting now to see how the paintwork turns out. I have left the trims off the wardrobe door as I am planning on adding panels to match the wallpaper.


Here is the bedside cabinet.


I then moved back onto wooden kits where I feel happier. This is one of three fabulous table kits that I had as a birthday present from my wonderful friend Judith. I am still undecided as to the colour it will be but I know that it is going in the entrance hall.

This bed I fell in love with the moment I saw it and just knew it was perfect for my French house. The fretwork is absolutely beautiful. It came from In Some Small Way. I cannot wait to paint and dress it.


This next piece is from SDK Miniatures and I bought it by adding together vouchers that I won in the Micro Minis Convention draw! It is called Isabellas Chair and is like nothing I have ever seen. It is supposed to be stained but I want to try for an off white distressed look with a silk cushion.

It looks a lot fussier to make than it actually is. I really enjoyed putting this piece together. The carved back is absolutely beautiful.

3 comments:

Tantie said...

Claire
The cloth just makes the space. T can well understand leaving the tree up all year. Your furniture is coming along at great paces. Especially like the bed with all its detail and Isabelle's chair. We will have to talk paint finishes for the chair, have a few ideas as usual. LOL.
hugs
Tantie gsolfot

Joey's Dream Garden said...

Hiya Claire!
your little craft table looks really lovely now! The little tree is looking very nice, and I've just realized that it reminds me of a eucalyptus with those grey-green leaves! We have a eucalyptus in our garden which I planted, it's getting ridiculously big so I will have to cut it back again in the spring I think.
Oh I like the cardboard furniture, and I really love the fretwork bed, that's really special!
hugs
Joey xx

l said...

Merry Christmas Claire - have a lovely day! x