Thursday 2 February 2012

Dyeing to share!

I just had to quickly show the wools and fleeces that have been dyed this week!

These are a bit of fleece and some yarns that I have spun, dyed in the microwave with Aussie Dyes.
The colours are very bright compared to the lovely muted shades from the natural dyes I have been using up until today.

As you can see I did not check the bowl was microwave safe!!


This is some fleece that I dyed with Bonnie on Tuesday with natural products. The green comes from Chlorophyllin and the purple comes from Logwood. Both were mordanted with Alum.


I would very much like to show photographs of how my Birchwood cabinet is coming along but I have to admit I am still so scared of getting the tree mannequin wrong that I sit at my craft table and stare at it until I suddenly remember some chore that needs doing! I really must be brave and dive in as I am so desperate to get started on furnishing the rooms but I am making myself wait until the tree is finished. I will keep you posted.

I have also received a wonderful box this morning from Judith at insomesmallway.co.uk she is having a sale this week and I managed to get some wonderful items. A couple of 48th scale kits and quite a few 144th scale kits but the most amazing piece of all is a 48th scale wooden shop box with front for a mere fiver! Does it get any better than that. Now I just need to make sure that I don't get distracted by it away from my tree!


No comments: